Chocolate with the nuts cheesecake
Here’s the blog the recipe came from.
This is an example of how my twisted brain works. Chocolate with the nuts cheesecake would be the culinary child of Juan Martin ‘Cheesecake’ Del Potro and Dinara ‘Chocolate with the nuts’ Safina. Yes, I actually thought that. This is a very simple recipe but I don’t have a large enough baking pan to bake the cheesecake in a water bath so I just baked it. Who cares if there are any cracks? I’m covering it with nutella, biatches!
2 cups / 180 g Digestive biscuits
1 stick / 4 oz / 110 g butter, melted
2 tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
3 sticks of cream cheese /24 oz / 700 g
1 cup / 210 g sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup / 8 oz heavy/250ml double cream
1 tbsp. vanilla extract *Finished my vanilla ages ago and forgot to buy more!
10 Ferrero Rocher chocolates cut into large chunks
I’ve realised my write ups are rather confusing so I’m just gonna write directions with loads of bulletpoints and that’s it 😛
- Preheat your oven to a medium heat. I put mine at gas mark 5/375°F/190°C.
- Crush the biscuits, I did this by putting the biccies in a freezer bag and using a rolling pin to bash them to smithereens 🙂
- Put the crushed biscuits into a bowl and add the sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well before adding the butter.
- I put the butter in the microwave until it melted and added it to the biscuits mixture. Mix it so the butter is thoroughly incorporated.
- Get your tin [I used my trusty spingform cake tin for the cheesecake] and put the mixture in and using the back of a spoon, pushed the biscuits into the bottom of the tin. Make sure it’s all level and put it into the warm oven to bake for about 15 minutes. [That’s my sister’s hand :P]
- Add the sugar and cream cheese to a mixing bowl. Cream well with a mixer. Then add one egg at a time, making sure the egg is well mixed before adding the next egg. Wipe down the sides every time you add an egg if it gets messy.
- Add the cream and vanilla and mix it well but don’t mix it so it thickens the double cream. Finally add the crushed ferrero rocher to the mixture, and stir through, don’t mix it with your mixer! Don’t worry if the chocolate bits float to the top.
- Add the filling to the biscuit base slowly. Tap the sides of the cake tin to dispel the air bubbles and put it into the oven!
- Now bake it for an hour and fifteen minutes or at least until your cheesecake gets some colour on the top. When that happens turn the oven off and leave it there to cool down for at least another hour.
- When it’s fully cooled down you can crush the nuts using the same method as the biscuits 😛
- My nutella was relatively runny so I just used a spoon and spooned it on top and used a knife to evenly coat the top.
My mum did the shop while I was at uni and she came back with these!!!
Now I may have told her about Safina’s accident with the coconut briefly in the car and showed her Dina’s ‘It Must Be Love’ ad but I always thought it was a half arsed attempt at listening by my mum. Now she clearly bought this not knowing the meaning to a DinaKAD like me but it made me laugh so much. Anyone for some chocolate cake with the coconut? 😛